SVP of Public Affairs
Amy Rettig is SVP, Community Engagements and co-site leader at Nielsen’s Global Technology and Innovation Center in Tampa Bay. Over her 26 years at the company, she’s held positions in HR, Training and Organizational Development, Client Services, Communication, and Public Affairs. After acquiring her BA in Communication from the University of Central Florida, Amy began her career as a Traveling Leadership Consultant for Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity and then worked as the Director of Student Activities at Thomas More College in Crestview Hills, KY.
Community outreach and corporate social responsibility are not only big parts of Amy’s job, they are her passion. She is involved in many areas of the Tampa Bay community and across Florida, including:
- American Heart Association’s Circle of Red; Chairwoman for the 2016 Go Red for Women campaign; Executive Cabinet Member from 2017-2020
- Habitat for Humanity Pinellas & West Pasco Counties Board of Directors
- Pinellas Education Foundation Board of Directors
- University of South Florida Women in Leadership and Philanthropy
- UCF Nicholson School of Communication Board of Advisors
- UCF Alumni Board of Directors
- University of Tampa Board of Fellows
- Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- AMIKids Pinellas Board of Directors
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts Advisory Council Member
- Better Business Bureau of West Florida, Inc. Board of Directors
- Tampa Bay Partnership Leadership Council Member
She is a proud member of Leadership Florida’s Class 29, vice-chair of the School Advisory Council and secretary of the International Baccalaureate Boosters at St. Pete High, as well as an active lector at St. Paul Catholic Church in St. Petersburg where she lives with her husband and teenage daughter. She enjoys travel, being outdoors, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, and spending time with her family and friends.