Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Public Policy and Legislative Affairs is a member of the senior staff and is the lead in developing and implementing the organization’s legislative priorities and public policy agenda. Candidates must have previous policy or legislative experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic analysis and background for the development of TBP’s annual legislative priorities;
- Monitor state and federal legislative efforts that directly impact Tampa Bay Partnership’s key regional initiatives and proactively respond with action if necessary.
- Establishes and maintains a sophisticated political contact network with key public officials and business leaders;
- Develop and implement strategy for advancing policy goals with key decision-makers in the legislative and executive branches;
- Provide direction and oversee the efforts of the lobbyist teams to ensure Tampa Bay Partnership staff is informed of and acting on relevant public policy matters affecting key priorities of the Partnership.
- Brief Partnerships investors and stakeholders on policy and legislative matters through written and electronic media;
- Engage investors and stakeholders to establish and maintain consensus on legislative and public policy strategies;
- Monitor the communications, attend meetings, and follow policies/legislation driven by key local and regional government agencies that may impact the Tampa Bay Partnership’s key regional initiatives; engage with agencies to take action if necessary.
- Develop policy proposals and advocate them individually and in conjunction with stakeholders;
- Communicate with and brief members of the BALD, their staff and other officials through in-person meetings, written communications, and phone calls.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of high level advocacy experience at the state executive legislative and agency level on issues related to economic development and other issues affecting the competitiveness of Tampa Bay;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze public policy proposals, including the review of legislative language;
- Experience in and comfort communicating with high level governmental officials, policy-makers and staff;
- Ability to use data in shaping policy messages;
- Experience in coalition-building and working in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Master’s or higher degree in a related field is preferred.
- Local candidates only
- Political savvy and astuteness
- Excellent credibility, judgment and diplomacy skills
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
For more information or to apply, contact: [email protected]